How We Present The Bible
Today we are diving into this text with hopes to gain knowledge about how we present the gospel to others. In these 5 verses we will see Paul tell the church in Corinth that he does not come to them with eloquent speech, but instead he comes to them with the Spirit living inside him and the power of God standing behind him:
- And I, Brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
- For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
- And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
- And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of mans wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.
- That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
We sometimes feel like we have to speak with perfect grammar or with complete knowledge of the Bible when we tell others about it. Paul is telling us that he had the Holy Spirit and the Power of God to back him up as he is preaching. When speaking the gospel, mans influence can get in the way, it is not by mans wisdom you should be influenced by. Let Jesus on the Cross be your guide to discussing the gospel. He died on the cross for you and for me so that we would have a chance to go to Heaven to spend an eternity with our creator. That would be a great place to start if you are having trouble finding a place to begin a discussion on the Bible. Just remember, Its not how elegant your speech is, its how much of the Holy Spirit you have living inside you that will be your guide.
Lord, we pray to you today with a humble heart. We know that you don’t have to have perfect speech in order to tell others about you and your amazing saving grace. We pray that you will fill our hearts with the Holy Spirit and help us to boldly go out and proclaim the good news of the Gospel. I pray that you would touch every single life that is reading this and become a daily part of their lives.